Monday, March 24, 2008

the pride of Arenas

Huge win against detroit today. (http://www.nba.com/games/20080323/DETWAS/recap.html)

Arenas fired his trainer because his trainer told him he was working his knee too hard over the summer. I thought Arenas' comments over the summer about his trainer were hilarious considering he reinjured his knee shortly after returning to the court.

“Rehabbing Like It’s My Job
I’m feeling 50 percent better. I’m halfway there, halfway back to Agent Zero. I’m just ‘Agent’ right now. I can walk, ride the bike and I can shoot jump shots (just don’t tell the trainers that). I go in to train at about 12 o’clock and work on my upper body, my basketball stuff and cardio, and then I go back in at night from about 7:00 p.m. until 10 and I work on more cardio and I work on my legs. So I get about three hours of that and do balance work.

It’s different. I’m hesitant. The trainer, I had to fire him and kick him to the curb. We’re beefin’ right now. You know, I’ve never done this before. Me and trainers, it’s usually just like, ‘OK, get my ice.’ So all these drills he’s telling me to do, for some reason I just think they’re stupid. So I just fired him. I told him when I come to the facility to just pretend like I’m in California, even though I’m here. My body is here, mentally I’m in California, so I’ll just see you in training camp ‘ I don’t think he liked that very much.”
Today Arenas said this when uncleared by doctors, "Y'all don't have to write any more. I'm not coming back this year."

Don't be prideful be patient.

No comments: